top of page

Story Nook Bend

Public·12 members
Maya Daisy
Mister or Miss So and So has won a writing competitions hosted by Leah Larkspur!1st Place Winner!

The Splendworth Gazette

by Indie Inkwell

Breaking news! Further investigation into the tragic deaths of Lord and Lady Rosewood in the mysterious fire that consumed their estate have proved that the fire was an accident. The authorities claim that it was a case of faulty wiring in their electric chandelier. Lord and Lady Rosewood are survived by their daughter, Lady Calendula Rosewood, age seven, who will be under the care of Duke and Duchess Periwinkle until her eighteenth birthday, as they were close friends to the late Lord and Lady.

"Such a tragedy what happened to those people," said one neighbor, Viscountess Clearwater. "I was very close to Lady Rosewood. And that poor child! Orphaned so young...". The Viscountess says that she was the one who called the authorities. "Our manor is so far away from theirs, but of course as soon as I saw the smoke I called the fire department, but it was already too late. It was just calamitous! Absolutely calamitous..."

In a press conference last Saturday, Inspector Oakleaf said that the situation is under control. "There really is no reason [to worry]... our department has everything completely under control. As of right now, we have no reason to believe that anything suspicious has happened, and I believe that it would be best to let the family mourn this devastating loss in peace."

Duke and Duchess Periwinkle refused to comment. (article continues on page three)

Hello everyone! This is a newspaper article written by Indie Inkwell, the head reporter at the Splendworth Gazette. She's covering the death of Lord and Lady Rosewood, the parents of the main character in my current WIP. I can't wait to post more about my world!

Abygayle Wynderas
Abby Barr
♡~°Leah Larkspur°~♡

Dear Indie Inkwell, I was very pleased to get your newspaper at my door on the 31st st past Clogton Ln, and I am happy to meet another reporter like me. I dare say, this tragedy has gotten me tickled into a frenzy about poor Calendula and her deceased parents the Lord and Lady. I was simply shocked that they died so young. Although I tend to believe the newspapers for what they say, was it an accident? Or was it something a lot more sinister at play?

Either way, something fishy is going on with the Duke and Duchess since they refuse to comment on the incident, which I do hope that you might be clever enough a sleuth to sniff out the truth. I can already tell you’re an amazing reporter with great skill for writing. Glad my recent article impressed you, I do hope if fate would allow us reporters from two different worlds meet. Splendworth sounds like a very splendid place to visit, and if my schedule allows, I’d be more than glad to have you speak on behalf of our dear Lumiflies. Also, if you are interested, there is a Scrapterian way station in Branson, Silver Dollar City, Mo, which is hopefully not to far from where you are. There’s a place called Time Traveler which is simply a marvelous machine( a tribute to Scrapterian genius) and can briefly take you on a visit here if it’s not too inconvenient. Anyway, I’ve got to run, there’s a Skelek chasing me and I’d rather get to my office in one piece.

Your Fellow Reporter,

Wexel Wheelington.

Edited

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

bottom of page