top of page

Story Nook Bend

Public·12 members

The Ocean's Daughter(might not be the title)

By: Ellowyn Nova

Chapter 6:

"So, is she okay now?" Hunter asked.

"Yeah, she's fine. It'll take a while for her to regain her strength, but she'll recover. Ronan should be gone by now. The magic shouldn't affect her for too long. It should be okay, I'm just going to stay here and keep an eye on her. She'll probably be confused why she's in handcuffs when she wakes though." Adira said.

"Okay. I'm gonna head out. See you later, your majesty."

"Goodbye, Hunter."

Hunter walked out of the room, and Adira walked over to her sister.

"Don't worry. I'm right here." Adira said, as she gently stroked her sister's hair, using her magic to un-attach the handcuffs from the wall. "You're going to be fine." Adira picked up Ashlynn and set her in a chair.

Ashlynn blinked her eyes open, and looked around, confusion written across her face.

"Ashlynn, are you okay?" Adira asked.

"Adira, what happened? Why am I in handcuffs?"

"What's the last thing you remember?"

"Something about binding my magic."

"Do you remember anything else?"

"No."

"Ronan had possessed you. But don't worry, I used my magic to expel her from your body."

"So that's why my hands are in handcuffs. So I can't use my magic because it was bound?."

"Yes. The spell is quite permanent though. It'll take me a while to get your magic back."

"How long was I out?"

"About 30 minutes. You should rest. I'm sure you're exhausted."

"No, I'm fine."

"You should still get some rest."

"But Adira..."

"No, buts. It's your coronation soon, you need to be well rested. Come on, I'll take you back to your room."

"Alright." Ashlynn sighed.

Adira opened the door, and walked down the hall with her sister, heading towards her bedroom.

"Ashlynn, I want you to stay in your room. I have things to do, and I'll come check on you later." Adira said.

"Wait. Where are you going?"

"I'll be back later, don't worry. Now, go and get some rest."

"Alright." Ashlynn said, before she walked into her room.

I've got to hurry, if I'm going to save my sister. And the kingdom. There's no time to waste, Adira thought to herself.

Adira walked quickly through the halls, and down the stairs, her boots clicking against the stone floors.

"Adira! Adira!"

Adira turned around to see her brother running towards her, his eyes wide.

"Hunter, what is it?" Adira asked.

"The kingdom's burning. We have to get everyone out." Hunter exclaimed .

"I'm on my way. Get everyone you can to the safe houses."

"I will. Be careful, Adira."

"Don't worry, I'll be fine."

"Sis! Why is the kingdom burning?" Ashlynn asked, running toward her. "

Adira sighed. "Stay here with Hunter. I'll take care of this."

"But..."

"Go." Adira commanded, as she ran out of the palace, the air thick with smoke.

"Ronan, get over here, now!"

"Adira, so nice to see you." Ronan smirked.

"Stop this now."

"I won't. You'll have to stop me."

"Fine. I will." Adira growled, before sending a powerful blast of golden magic towards Ronan.

"Your power is weak. You have no idea what true power is. This world is mine. It belongs to me. Everything is going to burn." Ronan laughed, before disappearing in a column of smoke.

"No!" Adira shouted.

"Adira!" Hunter yelled, running towards his sister. "We've got to go."

"The kingdom is burning, I can't leave. The people need my help. Is everyone safe?"

"Yes. They're safe. But the castle is falling apart. We have to get out of here."

"I can't. If I leave, the kingdom will fall."

"Adira, there's nothing you can do."

"Yes. There. Is." Adira said, her dark purple eyes flashing dangerously.

"Adira, wait. You can't." Hunter said, his eyes widening in shock.

"I'm sorry." Adira murmured, before closing her eyes and raising her hands up in the air. "Fire needs water to extinguish it, and so does this kingdom." Adira murmured, her hands glowing.

"I won't let you do this. It's not your time." Hunter said.

"Then whose time is it, then? Because I sure as hell don't want it to be yours. And won't let it be yours." Adira said.

"Adira, don't do this." He said pleadingly.

"Hunter, there's no other way. I have to. To save the kingdom. And I need you to have faith in me!"

"I will." Hunter said, his eyes filled with sorrow.

"Keep everyone safe. Especially Ashlynn. And yourself too. Don't be stupid and rush into danger."

"I won't. But you can't do this."

"It's the only way. It's my duty to protect the kingdom. Do you seriously not trust me to make a single tidal wave to drown the fire?!" Adira said, her fury twisting inside of her.

"No. Of course I trust you."

"Then, let me do this."

"No." Hunter whispered, tears filling his eyes.

"I have to. The kingdom is in danger, and I won't let anything happen to my people. You have to understand that. This is something I have to do. Now, go." Adira said, steel in her voice.

"Promise me, you'll come back." Hunter said.

"I promise." Adira whispered, her voice trembling with emotion. She raised her hands once more, and a massive tidal wave rose over the sky, as the wind howled around her.

"Adira, wait!"

"GO!" Adira roared, her eyes blazing with fury, before turning away. "This is my kingdom, and my people." As she heard her brother's footsteps receding behind her, the tidal wave dropped over the entire kingdom, dousing the fire.

Adira let her magic fade, and the wave disappeared. She was breathing heavily. She raised her hands once more, and all the water that now soaked the streets and buildings was pulled up into the sky, and sent flying back to the ocean.

Adira dropped to her knees, panting, and watched as the last bit of water was pulled back into the ocean, the wind ruffling her hair. She had saved her kingdom.

She stood up slowly, and started walking back towards the palace. She made it halfway there, when she felt a searing pain in her chest, and her legs gave out beneath her.

"I promised, brother." She murmured, tears streaming down her face. She reached into her pocket, and pulled out a small silver pendant, the symbol of the royal family carved on it, with a single crystal in the center, and put it around her neck. "I will live. No matter how long it takes." She closed her eyes, and let the darkness swallow her.

"Adira! Adira, wake up!" Hunter shouted, kneeling beside his sister, and shaking her shoulders.

"Hunter, what's wrong?" Ashlynn asked, running up to her brother.

"It's Adira. She won't wake up."

"Is she breathing?"

"Barely."

"What's that necklace on her? The one with the royal crest."

"Oh! We need to take it off of her neck. Quickly." Hunter said, as he undid the clasp and held the pendant in his hand.

"What is it?" Ashlynn asked.

"She told me, a long time ago, that if she fell unconscious like this, to open it. We have to twist the crystal in the center to get it open. I don't know what's inside of it though. She never told me." Hunter said, twisting the crystal.

The crystal slid open, and a piece of paper fell out.

"What is that?" Ashlynn asked.

"It's a note," Hunter said in disbelief. "From Adira."

"What does it say?"

"Hunter & Ashlynn. I know that I promised I would live, and I intend to keep that promise. But, know that it isn't too late. So, I left you this letter. Hunter, I know you think that it's your fault, but it's not. Hun—" Adira stirred slightly, interrupting Hunter's reading.

"Hey," Adira mumbled, her eyes fluttering open.

"Adira, are you okay?" Hunter asked, his voice thick with concern.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just an annoying magic reset." Adira said, sitting up.

“Thank god you’re alive,” Hunter said.

"What's a magic reset?" Ashlynn asked.

"Everytime I pass out for no reason, I wake up with my magic at least 5, if not 10 times stronger than when I passed out. It's annoying to have to pass out to get it to work, but I can handle it."

"So, your magic was reset?" Hunter said.

"Yes. And now, it's 10 times stronger than it was. And it's going to be like this for the rest of my life, every time I sleep." Adira laughed. "You don't need to finish the note since I woke up earlier than I had thought I would."

"Adira, are you really alright?" Hunter asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Is everyone back in their homes safe?"

"Yes."

"Good. And the kingdom is safe as well. I have a plan. We're going to have the coronation ceremony for Ashlynn in a few hours."

"A few hours? But — but I don't have a dress, or a crown or anything else for it. Can you even get a dress for me in that time?" Ashlynn asked.

"You'll be surprised by what I can do. I know it's a little soon, but the people have been repeatedly asking when they get to see you." Adira said.

"Wait, the people want to see me?" Ashlynn asked, surprised.

"Of course. They've been looking forward to this day since the moment they heard that I had found you. I just wish it didn't have to be so soon." Adira said excitedly.

"I'm ready, Adira." Ashlynn said, determination written across her face."So, is she okay now?" Hunter asked.

"Yeah, she's fine. It'll take a while for her to regain her strength, but she'll recover. Ronan should be gone by now. The magic shouldn't affect her for too long. It should be okay, I'm just going to stay here and keep an eye on her. She'll probably be confused why she's in handcuffs when she wakes though." Adira said.

"Okay. I'm gonna head out. See you later, your majesty."

"Goodbye, Hunter."

Hunter walked out of the room, and Adira walked over to her sister.

"Don't worry. I'm right here." Adira said, as she gently stroked her sister's hair, using her magic to un-attach the handcuffs from the wall. "You're going to be fine." Adira picked up Ashlynn and set her in a chair.

Ashlynn blinked her eyes open, and looked around, confusion written across her face.

"Ashlynn, are you okay?" Adira asked.

"Adira, what happened? Why am I in handcuffs?"

"What's the last thing you remember?"

"Something about binding my magic."

"Do you remember anything else?"

"No."

"Ronan had possessed you. But don't worry, I used my magic to expel her from your body."

"So that's why my hands are in handcuffs. So I can't use my magic because it was bound?."

"Yes. The spell is quite permanent though. It'll take me a while to get your magic back."

"How long was I out?"

"About 30 minutes. You should rest. I'm sure you're exhausted."

"No, I'm fine."

"You should still get some rest."

"But Adira..."

"No, buts. It's your coronation soon, you need to be well rested. Come on, I'll take you back to your room."

"Alright." Ashlynn sighed.

Adira opened the door, and walked down the hall with her sister, heading towards her bedroom.

"Ashlynn, I want you to stay in your room. I have things to do, and I'll come check on you later." Adira said.

"Wait. Where are you going?"

"I'll be back later, don't worry. Now, go and get some rest."

"Alright." Ashlynn said, before she walked into her room.

I've got to hurry, if I'm going to save my sister. And the kingdom. There's no time to waste, Adira thought to herself.

Adira walked quickly through the halls, and down the stairs, her boots clicking against the stone floors.

"Adira! Adira!"

Adira turned around to see her brother running towards her, his eyes wide.

"Hunter, what is it?" Adira asked.

"The kingdom's burning. We have to get everyone out." Hunter exclaimed .

"I'm on my way. Get everyone you can to the safe houses."

"I will. Be careful, Adira."

"Don't worry, I'll be fine."

"Sis! Why is the kingdom burning?" Ashlynn asked, running toward her. "

Adira sighed. "Stay here with Hunter. I'll take care of this."

"But..."

"Go." Adira commanded, as she ran out of the palace, the air thick with smoke.

"Ronan, get over here, now!"

"Adira, so nice to see you." Ronan smirked.

"Stop this now."

"I won't. You'll have to stop me."

"Fine. I will." Adira growled, before sending a powerful blast of golden magic towards Ronan.

"Your power is weak. You have no idea what true power is. This world is mine. It belongs to me. Everything is going to burn." Ronan laughed, before disappearing in a column of smoke.

"No!" Adira shouted.

"Adira!" Hunter yelled, running towards his sister. "We've got to go."

"The kingdom is burning, I can't leave. The people need my help. Is everyone safe?"

"Yes. They're safe. But the castle is falling apart. We have to get out of here."

"I can't. If I leave, the kingdom will fall."

"Adira, there's nothing you can do."

"Yes. There. Is." Adira said, her dark purple eyes flashing dangerously.

"Adira, wait. You can't." Hunter said, his eyes widening in shock.

"I'm sorry." Adira murmured, before closing her eyes and raising her hands up in the air. "Fire needs water to extinguish it, and so does this kingdom." Adira murmured, her hands glowing.

"I won't let you do this. It's not your time." Hunter said.

"Then whose time is it, then? Because I sure as hell don't want it to be yours. And won't let it be yours." Adira said.

"Adira, don't do this." He said pleadingly.

"Hunter, there's no other way. I have to. To save the kingdom. And I need you to have faith in me!"

"I will." Hunter said, his eyes filled with sorrow.

"Keep everyone safe. Especially Ashlynn. And yourself too. Don't be stupid and rush into danger."

"I won't. But you can't do this."

"It's the only way. It's my duty to protect the kingdom. Do you seriously not trust me to make a single tidal wave to drown the fire?!" Adira said, her fury twisting inside of her.

"No. Of course I trust you."

"Then, let me do this."

"No." Hunter whispered, tears filling his eyes.

"I have to. The kingdom is in danger, and I won't let anything happen to my people. You have to understand that. This is something I have to do. Now, go." Adira said, steel in her voice.

"Promise me, you'll come back." Hunter said.

"I promise." Adira whispered, her voice trembling with emotion. She raised her hands once more, and a massive tidal wave rose over the sky, as the wind howled around her.

"Adira, wait!"

"GO!" Adira roared, her eyes blazing with fury, before turning away. "This is my kingdom, and my people." As she heard her brother's footsteps receding behind her, the tidal wave dropped over the entire kingdom, dousing the fire.

Adira let her magic fade, and the wave disappeared. She was breathing heavily. She raised her hands once more, and all the water that now soaked the streets and buildings was pulled up into the sky, and sent flying back to the ocean.

Adira dropped to her knees, panting, and watched as the last bit of water was pulled back into the ocean, the wind ruffling her hair. She had saved her kingdom.

She stood up slowly, and started walking back towards the palace. She made it halfway there, when she felt a searing pain in her chest, and her legs gave out beneath her.

"I promised, brother." She murmured, tears streaming down her face. She reached into her pocket, and pulled out a small silver pendant, the symbol of the royal family carved on it, with a single crystal in the center, and put it around her neck. "I will live. No matter how long it takes." She closed her eyes, and let the darkness swallow her.

"Adira! Adira, wake up!" Hunter shouted, kneeling beside his sister, and shaking her shoulders.

"Hunter, what's wrong?" Ashlynn asked, running up to her brother.

"It's Adira. She won't wake up."

"Is she breathing?"

"Barely."

"What's that necklace on her? The one with the royal crest."

"Oh! We need to take it off of her neck. Quickly." Hunter said, as he undid the clasp and held the pendant in his hand.

"What is it?" Ashlynn asked.

"She told me, a long time ago, that if she fell unconscious like this, to open it. We have to twist the crystal in the center to get it open. I don't know what's inside of it though. She never told me." Hunter said, twisting the crystal.

The crystal slid open, and a piece of paper fell out.

"What is that?" Ashlynn asked.

"It's a note," Hunter said in disbelief. "From Adira."

"What does it say?"

"Hunter & Ashlynn. I know that I promised I would live, and I intend to keep that promise. But, know that it isn't too late. So, I left you this letter. Hunter, I know you think that it's your fault, but it's not. Hun—" Adira stirred slightly, interrupting Hunter's reading.

"Hey," Adira mumbled, her eyes fluttering open.

"Adira, are you okay?" Hunter asked, his voice thick with concern.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just an annoying magic reset." Adira said, sitting up.

“Thank god you’re alive,” Hunter said.

"What's a magic reset?" Ashlynn asked.

"Everytime I pass out for no reason, I wake up with my magic at least 5, if not 10 times stronger than when I passed out. It's annoying to have to pass out to get it to work, but I can handle it."

"So, your magic was reset?" Hunter said.

"Yes. And now, it's 10 times stronger than it was. And it's going to be like this for the rest of my life, every time I sleep." Adira laughed. "You don't need to finish the note since I woke up earlier than I had thought I would."

"Adira, are you really alright?" Hunter asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Is everyone back in their homes safe?"

"Yes."

"Good. And the kingdom is safe as well. I have a plan. We're going to have the coronation ceremony for Ashlynn in a few hours."

"A few hours? But — but I don't have a dress, or a crown or anything else for it. Can you even get a dress for me in that time?" Ashlynn asked.

"You'll be surprised by what I can do. I know it's a little soon, but the people have been repeatedly asking when they get to see you." Adira said.

"Wait, the people want to see me?" Ashlynn asked, surprised.

"Of course. They've been looking forward to this day since the moment they heard that I had found you. I just wish it didn't have to be so soon." Adira said excitedly.

"I'm ready, Adira." Ashlynn said, determination written across her face.

Abygayle Wynderas

This is very good! Very intriguing! Loved the sacrifice and the danger.

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

bottom of page